Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 24, 2005, 10:02 AM   #1

I just bought a usedDSLRand would like to get some type of warranty. B&H lists a Mack warranty for used cameras. Do any of you know anything about this?
A. Is it only for used equipment bought from them?
B. If not, does the camera have to be checked out before registering the warranty?

Anyone know of other warranties available for used cameras?

Any suggestions?
CraigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2005, 11:38 AM   #2

Hello CraigD,

After reading a thread about extended warranties on monday I sent an email offto B&H where I purchased my 10D and lens a year ago. What I got back was that they would not sell me an extended warranty now. I would have had to purchase it with in 30 days of the original purchase date.

I also would be interested in purchasing an extended warranty if anyone knows of one for used DSLR's

pclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 4:55 PM   #3

I don't know about Mack on used cameras, but, two years ago when my dad bough a DiMAGE 7Hi. He got the 5 year Mack warranty with it. Last spring, the camera had a problem (a dial broke, and part of the side got a crack in it) so he sent it back to Mack so they could fix it. That was in mid July. It took so long that he finally simply purchased a new camera (a DiMAGE A2, and gave me the 7Hi (when it got back from Mack) I took my first pics with it in mid December.
Mack took 4+ months on the camera, and they only sent it out after many phone calls and emails.
I don't know if they are always like this. . .but I will be staying away from Mack in the future.
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote