Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:27 PM   #1

I hate rebates, seems I can never get the darn things. I just bought a 20d, and lenses, spent more money than I should have and justified it by telling myself I would bet a Canon rebate and make me feel better.
Well, I just got a card from the Canon saying the body and lense numbers submitted are duplicates. Now these guys have all my box labels, [I still have the sales receipts] and I gotta find a way to prove it isn't a duplicate.
Any suggestions::?
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:37 PM   #2

Well, if it were me, I'd be making phone calls and writing letters -- requesting escalaton each time I reached a roadblock.

You may also want to try working through your dealer (the dealer may have better channels with Canon for resolving disputes, and could possibly help to validate your claim).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 9:22 PM   #3

I thought I had til sometime in March to send in my rebates but when I looked at the paperwork it was Monday, Feb. 21st that they had to be postmarked. Luckily for me that was a Federal holiday and the Post Office was closed; I called and they said it would be OK as long as postmarked on the 22nd. Now the waiting game begins. 20D and three Canon lenses.

Trout Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 3:21 PM   #4

I got one of the dreaded cards from Canon when I sent in the rebate for my 20D and lenses. They were asking for body numbers they said I did not submit, but for stuff which didn't have one (the 580EX flash).

I gave them a call and was pleasently surprised. The rep. was most cordial, and we were able to complete the transaction over the phone. He ordered my rebate check while I was on the phone and it showed up just a few days later.

I too, hate rebates. In fact, I've even had a rebate check bounce!! (not from Canon) :evil: My experience with Canon was redeemed by the customer service rep. I spoke with.

-- Mitch
MitchInOmaha is offline   Reply With Quote