Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 4, 2002, 2:52 PM   #1
Default Ever delt with Cambridge Camera Ex.? (My advice...don't)

Recently I was looking for a Lowepro bag and there was only online dealer that indicated they had stock...Cambridge Camera Exchange. I placed an order Sunday and when I didn't receive conformation by Monday night, I emailed them requesting my order status...no reply. Tueday, tried again (3 times), again no reply. In the mean time one of the sites were I left a "please notify" request, told me they now had stock. Since I was unable to reach Cambridge by Email, I faxed them a cancellation order and ask them to return the fax, signed so I would know it was received...again nothing. I telephoned their 800 number and was told they didn't have customer service (I found out later his meaning was that you couldn't use the 800 number to contact customer service). I called their regular number, asked for customer service and asked them what was going on. Turns out they didn't have the bag in stock (apparently never did), and that they "special ordered it just for me"; i.e. your stuck, but it should go out in a day or two. I buy most everything online and never had any problems until now. My advice, don't use Cambridge Camera Exchange!
transco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2002, 1:38 PM   #2

8) I had a bad experience there 30 years ago. I don't know how these places stay in business.
nochance is offline   Reply With Quote