Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 13, 2005, 9:56 AM   #11

It has been a while since I posted this thread. I took Terry's advice, since I could not afford to buy an expensive lens at this time, and bought the Cannon 50mm for about $85.00.

I am far from perfect but getting better as I go. Every time my son plays a game I take shots until I fill up at least one card (i gig) so I get a lot of practice and a lot to work with.

I have been in some really dark gyms and have still managed to get some OK shots.

I noticed several folks asking about lenses for sports and I feel like this has been a good choice for me since I just do it for myself.

You can see some of my indoor action shots (without a flash) at http://www.westvirginiarunninrebels.com.

Go to the photo page and there are plenty. They get better towards the bottom. Even the pages are easier to navagate as you go through.

Well, I am just learning to do all of this (pictures, web sites, etc.)but I am enjoying it very much. Considering I could not even take a picture worth looking at when I started some of these are not too bad. I have started to experiment with some noise reduction software that helps too.

Thanks again to you all!

Crow is offline   Reply With Quote