Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 14, 2002, 3:00 PM   #1
Default Unexposure Compensation

Underexposure Compensation:

I'd like to set my Canon D-60 to auto-bracket...on the side of overexposure. This is to compensate for the underexposures I frequently experience.

What I'd like to do is set my auto-bracket sequence to +0.0, +1.0, and +2.0 f/stops...or another such combination in the over-exposure range.

According to the D-60 user manual (page 79), this seems to combine the Exposure Compensation and Automatic Exposure Bracketing functions.

Can any of you out there...more experienced than I...make sense of this for me?

Many thanks.

M i k e
shamrock838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2002, 7:28 PM   #2

If you set your exposure compensation , say +1 EV worth, you can then set your exposure bracketing so that it will use the +1 setting as its center. When you select AEB from the menu, then hit the Set button, you will see a green blip centered on +1. Turn the wheel and you'll see the bracketing interval grow. It will always be centered on your Exposure Compensation setting.

If you have no exposure compensation set, the AEB will center on "0."
It's very easy to use. Just remember to turn the back wheel's switch to "off" after you set the exposure compensation, so you don't change it inadvertantly.
WalterK is offline   Reply With Quote