Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:04 PM   #1

This is a follow up to my Err99 issues. I startedexperiencing Err99 or rare ocacasions which over the months increased in frequency. I tried serveral options prior to mailing the unit to Canon which included cleaning contacts,avariety of lenses (canon ef and Tamron) and visiting the forums for ideas. I finally sent my camera to the Canon Service Center in Irvine.For those of you experiencing Err99s I would suggest you not wait and send you camera to Canon as soon as possible before the warranty expires. The cost, regardless of what is done is a minimum of$200. ($180 base charge +shippingand insurance = $200.16).

I received my unit back today with a note that the shutter unit had been replaced and camera reset to factory specs. While the service was reasonably fast (16days) the cost is not cheap. I plan to take the camera through its paces since it has a six month warranty on the specific repair. Hopefully the unit will now stay as problem free as my EOS 620 (20 years and still shuttering!).

Word to the wise send the unit to Canon before the warranty expires!!!!!!!!

Ctrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links