Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:18 PM   #1

I just bought a 20d and first I had dust on the mirror or focusing screen. Now I have dust on the sensor. I tried to clean it with a brush as recommended on one of the threads but that made it worse.

It seems like if I look into how to clean the sensor I get sent to a commercial site trying to sell a cleaning kit.

I called the company I bought it from and they said Canon doesn't advise anyone to clean the sensor. They will, but by doing that my camera will probably be out of my hands for a few weeks:sad:

If things go as they have so far. I will be sending my camera in quite a bit as I have only had my camera two weeks. I can't be sending my camera in so often to canon. I am careful when changing lenses, I find this very frustrating, by going to a dslr it appears things have become far more complicated.

Does anyone have some sound advise on how to handle cleaning the sensor, not only for this time but the long term.

rdjphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2005, 2:16 AM   #2

If you want it clean, send it to Canon.

The white poly tipped brush approach can work, but takes practice and the preparation of the brush in water and alcohol to make it work right and actually pick up dust rather than move it around.

Do not use tape...

TDM_Canon_User is offline   Reply With Quote