Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 6, 2005, 7:30 AM   #1

I updated my 300D with the wassia hack I followed all the instructions and it was installed OK, I need to remove it but need simple instructions on how to do it as I am a complete novice and don't understand anything complicated, soerry if I seem a bit thick but I just don't understand it, the reason I want to remove it is that I am selling it, I have only used it twice , thanks to anyone who can help me..I can't set it back to default as I don't have that option in my menue it says in the manul to go to settings and select clear all camera settings well that option is not there please help??
tanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2005, 1:53 PM   #2

"clear all settings" is not there? I installed the hack and it's there... it's not in the "custom function" menu, but I believe it's in one of the tools menus.

If not, I believe you can just go to Canon's website and download the latest official version of the firmware... it should install over the hack and once again appear normal.

perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 4:31 PM   #3

You need to make sure some settings are returned to their defaults before re-applying the canon firmware. If you don't then you get the red eye indicator flashing all the time. I had this problem. If you get it wrong you can just do it again. I did. Sorry though I can't remember the exact process.
mf_blues is offline   Reply With Quote