Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 15, 2005, 8:39 PM   #1

I have just bought a battery gripE3 for my Rebel XT so I bought another battery pack but I found that it has the same voltage 7.4V but the mA is different. My original battery pack had 740mA but this one has only 540mA. Can it beput into my E3 grip withthe Canon original battery without any problems? Please advise.

Thanks and regards,

Quan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2005, 11:57 AM   #2

Getting a little technical here, but the correct units are mAH (milli-amp-hours), and you want as many of them as you can get. It is a measure of how much power is stored in the battery.

The camera will take any battery source with a voltage of 7.4V. If you get about 600 pictures with a 740mAH battery then you can expect about 540/740*600 = 438 pictures with a 540mAH battery.

The BG-E3 grip will also take 6xAA batteries, which makes sense since the AA rechargeables are about 1.25V each, times 6 = 7.5V, close enough. (Alkalines are 1.5V when new, but actually drop to about 1.3V when under load.)
Eldorage is offline   Reply With Quote