Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 22, 2005, 8:25 PM   #1

I have the camera set to PC connection but the camera and the PC won't connect.

In CameraWindow it says the camera is busy and to turn off the LCD monitor, however the monitor is not on. Any ideas???
Ladythump is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2005, 9:45 PM   #2

I'm not real sure what my be wrong with your camera connection, but my suggestion would be to pick up a card reader if your computer does not have one built in. Then you can take your memory card out of your camera and plug it in the card reader. This is really the safest and fastest way to down load pictures anyway.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:42 PM   #3

I second that. Card reader is the way to go.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 9:50 AM   #4

First, I don't think it's possible to "turn off" the LCD monitor. Here's what I did to get my camera working.

-installed the required software first (without connecting the camera)
-connect the camera while it's off
-turn it on

a screen should pop up with a menu on your comp. But make sure your camera connection is switched to PC in it's menu. when I first had it, it was set on printer mode and it's 100X slower if you try to connect it to the computer.

But I would also suggest a media reader....
BoYFrMSpC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 11:19 PM   #5

I just bought a 20d and had the same problem. I had a previous version of zoombrowser on my pc and you cant use that for EOS cameras. I have to close camera window and open eos viewer utility. Go to the top of the file tree and open the camera folder icon. Then open the tree until you find file numbers like 100 or 101 and your pictures should appear in the viewer window. Select the pictures you want and drag and drop them into the target folder on your pc. You can then delete the files from your camera if you wish by erasing them in the camera folder.

I hope this helps.
aurora551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 12:57 PM   #6

I had this problem with my new 350D. I stripped out the software and reloaded it using the automatic install process which solved the problem. I don't understand why - but it works fine now
brian1208 is offline   Reply With Quote