Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 14, 2005, 11:41 AM   #1

I will be traveling to India on business soon for 3 weeks. I am looking at getting a rain cover for the camera (monsoon season in India) - I just don't feel comfortable trusting my gear to a make-shift cover. Has anyone used the Kata or Tenba covers available at B&H? The aquatech bags are a little bulky and expensive for my tastes.

Any advice would be welcome.

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:57 PM   #2

I found that Zip-Loc Brand bags come in some huge sizes. I carry a 1.7 foot by 2 foot folded in my bag at alltimes. I use one when shooting waterfalls that have spray, light drizzles and I use one when shooting when dew could be a problem. The zip end is large enough to close arround the lens and still close at the tripod end. A very versitile tool and after you use it you can still make use of it to pack wet gear for the trek home. You can purchase a batch in several sizes and not have a price near what a camera raincoat could cost.
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 5:02 PM   #3

Check out fotosharp.com. they have a great rain cover and I think I just paid around $20 for it. they have two sizes the large one can cover an dslr with a 70-200mm lens. your TTL flash will work thru the cover, and you can see all your camera controls thru it also. I ordered right off their website and I think they even sent it on a 14 day trial before I sent them the payment. I don't think you can beat the bargin on this one.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote