Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 25, 2005, 6:41 PM   #11

I agree with Hards80. Send it to Canon. Don't spend anymore timetrying to figure it out. If it's still under warranty, go for it.

By the way, make a note to come back to this same post of yours to let us know what they say. (I am going to check my "Notify me email..." check box until then). They might just say it was something as trivial as dust. LOL. And, maybe not.

Hope you can stand being without a camera for a while.

SA Flyer
SA Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:09 PM   #12

I'm already thinking of ways to come up with the $1,500 for a 20D...maybe sell my blood plasma or something? *Laughs* I WILL post back here if they give me a diagnostic on it. Thanks everyone!
Amarand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:33 PM   #13

Yes, mine came back repaired with a diagnosis of :

PC Board Assembly DC/DC converter -> Circuit card for the power supply section which converts the 7.4V battery to the various other DC voltages required by the camera

Good luck!

Sam D.
Sam D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:42 AM   #14

Have had a few friends with simular problems and managed to sort 3 out of 5... When you remove the battery there is a very small sensor at the base of the battery compartment. If this is out of alignment just by a mm the camera will not work. Theres another on the card door.. Looking in the battery compartment I moved the sensor pin barely a fraction... hey presto it works... like I said I have sortted 3 but cant promise it will work... As for Canon, dont expect to much.... Good luck
Firmware05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:32 PM   #15

Soory for the miserable T.TBut will you go for Canon anymore?
Luff Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 5:34 PM   #16

We recently had a problem with the Auto Focus on our brand new Zoom lens (75-300 IS USM) Sent it to Canon and they repaired it for free (less S&H to get it to Canon)

From delivery to return was 10 business days. And it works better than before!!!The folks on the phone were very helpful and friendly.

Be sure that you include a copy of the receipt for warranty purposes.

Good luck,

Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote