Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 1, 2005, 4:47 PM   #1

Here it is guys - what do you think. I know tend to be a little soft when it comes to this type of situation, but here it is in black and white!

Right now, I am beginning to get mad at this situation...help or ideas, please!!!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 5:39 PM
To: 'customerservice@ritzcamera.com'
Cc: abc@abc.com
Subject: FW: Repair Work Order xxx906

I reference the subject listed repair work order. When replying please copy my home email address listed above.

After visiting the store from where I purchased the camera, the local District Manager was there (David, I believe was his name). He made copies of: this repair work order, my esp receipt (good for two years), and got my personal cell phone number.

Please advise on the status of this repair, as again, I am anxiously waiting for my camera so that I can bet back to my part time job.

ANY assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

P.S. I am copying and posting this trail of emails on both www.fredmiranda.com and www.stevesforums.com (under the canon dslr forums), to see what replies I get.

Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 12:03 PM
Subject: RE: Repair Work Order xxx906

To whom it may concern:

I have called 1-866-882-8505 to enquire about the status of my camera, and Ed was kind enough to check the database and confirms that the esp policy I had purchased back on 4/25/2005 had not been input/updated into the database listing he had access to.

Ed suggested I had fax any documentation confirming the purchase of my esp policy to 703-709-6157 for input into the database. I am faxing this information today along with a copy of this email for record.

I'd appreciate if any information/updates be given to me on where the camera stands in terms of (1) still being in the store [i.e. store 14], (2) at a repair facility being worked on, or (3) warranty work not being done to the camera due to esp documentation not being in database of all esp policies purchased.

Again I am a photographer for car shows and this camera is an important piece of my part time job.

When replying please copy my home email address, which is listed above.

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:35 AM
Subject: Repair Work Order xxx906

To whom it may concern:

Reference the subject listed repair work order, specific to esp policy # nnn7953

I had dropped off my digital rebel at store #14 (Tysons Corner Mall, McLean, VA) on 7/18/2005 as the shutter blade had broken and cleaning for dust off the ccd. The piece of the shutter that fell off was attached to the repair order sent with the camera.

My main concern is that I hope the piece (pieces) replaced in my camera is a new unit, not a refurbished unit. Note that since I paid in advance for this 2 year esp plan, the same situation may end up happening again in the future and I'll be without a camera and that any future repairs may not be covered by this service policy. The clerk who took in the subject listed repair order says that it's closer to the 6 week period that this camera may be fixed. I hope not in this case, as again, I am a photographer for car shows and this camera is an important piece of me for my part time job.

I'd like to get confirmation when the camera is received and any possible updates as necessary for repairs. When replying to this email, please be sure to copy my home email address which is listed above. My telephone # are 123-123-1234 (w) or 123-123-1234 (cell).

Thank you for your assistance,

Audit Trail:
-4/25/2005 – Purchased 2 year ESP policy # nnn7953 for canon digital rebel.
-7/18/2005 – Camera dropped off at store for repairs: broken shutter and dust on ccd.
-7/20/2005 – Email sent from abc@abc.com, to customerservice@ritzcamera.com (see above)
-7/25/2005 – Happened to stop by the store at Tysons Corner I, and met up with the local district manager (David, I believe was his name) who was there around 7pm.
-7/28/2005 – No reply from email sent on 7/20/2005. Called 1-866-882-8505 (spoke to Ed?) who confirmed that esp plan # nnn7953 is no on record and suggested I fax my copy of the plan and any supporting documentation to customer service (703-709-6157) for input into their database.
-8/01/2005 – Called the 1-866-882-8505 to find out status (if any on the update of my camera) and spoke with Ed (same contact as on 7/28/05). Still no record of any ESP purchased at store #14 and was not able to give me an alternate # to check on whether or not my email above (sent on 7/28/2005) was received.
tdredi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:08 AM   #2

Sounds like quite the nightmare.

You could always drop a letter, email or a phone call to the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint.

Hope you get your situation resolved soon.

Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote