Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 15, 2005, 2:53 AM   #1

I have been hearing a lot of rumors about canon coming out with an upgraded and as usual the second version of 20D.

How far are these rumors true and is it advicable to wait for few weeks or months for the updated version to come out.

I dont want to buy a camera today and canon coming out with an updated version next month which would be like looooooossssssssssseeeeeeeeerrrrrrr me.

waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2005, 5:36 AM   #2

Everybody got excited over the rumours about the new 5D, thinking that it would be an updated 20D. However, as everybody knows now, the 5D is an addition to the camera line up and not a replacement.

It is actually a little early for an update on this camera. (Canon usually release updates about every 18 months or so.) I think we will only see an updated 20Din the early part of 2006 - maybe at PMA.

There hasalso been lots of speculation about what the updated 20Dwill be called. I do not think that it will be called the 30D,as this would beconfused with the D30from a few years ago. Following the introduction of the 5D, I am going to stick my neck out here and say that I think the update will be called the 50D. Similarly, when the 350D is updated, I think this will be called the 500D. (This would fit in with Canon's numbering methodology with regard to their film cameras in the past.)

APM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:48 AM   #3

You may well be thinking that the new 20D is the new one that is for Astronomy photography. This has just been released recently.

CarlsPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 9:05 AM   #4

As though the 5d name has not caused enough confusion:blah:

:cart:Now when someone says the 5d, you don't know if they are talking Canon or Minolta.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote