Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 5, 2006, 12:17 PM   #31

mine is black with no grip... but its got a big ol' Sigma 24-70MM on it...lol

zacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:52 PM   #32

Black - no grip(yet)
Bulldogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 10:15 PM   #33

First ever SLR post!

Being my first DSLR I didn't care what color it was! I ended up with silver and like it. No grip (yet) but I picked up a few extra batteries.

I LOVE this camera. Went from film (oops, can I say that word here?)SLR to P + S digital to this.

twkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:28 PM   #34

Silver, first post here also. I originally was going to get the black body but changed my mind at the last minute. I noticed the black display model had small white scratches on it. With a little effort I wiped them off. After that I noticed if you accidentally run your finger nail across the body it left a white scratch.

No grip, but I have a spare battery, and it uses the same battery as my Elura Camcorder, so I have two spares for whatever camera/camcorder I'm using at the time.

I love this camera! Within a week of buying the XT. I ordered the Canon 70-300mm USM IS. Just waiting for the rebate checks to come in so I can Get a Meade AR5 telescope to attach the camera to.
N8ZOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:06 AM   #35

I went with silver since I got a killer deal at the time it just came out ($799 with lens).
I prefer silver anyways. Stays cooler in the sun, and it matched my Audi before some a*****e drunk driver destroyed my car on Jan 3 of this year in a hit and run 60mph head on collission. I'm alive.... sustained a concussion, got knocked out cold, and have to have knee surgery in two weeks to repair my MCL and meniscus. Thankfully a man on vacation from Texas saw him ditching his VW Jetta two blocks away where he couldn't drag the thing any further so he's not only going to get the living hell sued out of him by me.... but he is also being charged with felony hit and run. Hopefully he's a pretty boy and will get some "jail-house justice" to add to his pathetic life.

Along with paying for my medical bills, new car, and tons of money for pain and suffering.... i may have to go on a shopping spree and buy some L series lenses.

Andrew LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:25 AM   #36

Ow! Andrew. Certainly sorry to here about the hit and run. Glad they caught him and that you were not injured more seriously than you were.

mrcoons is offline   Reply With Quote