Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:18 PM   #1

I've ordered the camera and waiting for the phone call to say I can go pick it up. Since winter is coming, and I'm heading back to Ontario, I'm planning to make the most of the snow and ice - snowshoeing, camping, snowmobiling.

Will the camera function properly in subzero temps? I'll be using a Sigma 18-200mm lens. Are the any risks of damaging the camera besides the usual problem ofcondensation oncoldelectronicswhen brought intowarm & humid indoor environments?

In cool weather my Olympus C3000 was a bit sluggish and I seem to remember things likemy LCDwatches not displaying properly when too cold. I'mexpecting temperatures of -10C to -20C, possibly colder.

I have an archaic manual SLR (aka The Steel Beast) that I would take instead, if the XT isn't up to the task.
earl. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2005, 5:41 PM   #2

Canon's official temp range is 32-104° F/0-40° C. Your biggest problem will be slower powerups of flash and stuff b/c ofcold batteries. And, of course condensation, which u already are aware of.
G35Guy is offline   Reply With Quote