Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:54 PM   #1

Sorry in advance if this question should be in the flash forum, but i am looking at buying an external flash for my 20d and was looking at a 580EX but have been offered a 550EX at a good price. I will be using the flash for portraits, both studio and outdoor ( as a fill ) and probably eventually weddings. is there much difference between the two, and will the 550 be sufficient for groups of 10 or so poeple? any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
KiwiCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2005, 5:54 AM   #2

... or you can get a Sigma EF-500 DG Super with the same features as the 550EX for even less - The GN between theses flashes are quite similar i.e. from 50 to 58 which is like the difference of a meter betwen them in term of illumination when you shoot @ f/5.6!

All three flashes comes with a WA diffuser (or bounced) so you can shoot 10 people or so, but with a group this large two flashes are even better for controlling the shadows... and you can buy two EF-500 DG Super for the price of one 580EX, and the Sigma can even sync wirelessly to studio strobes (try that with the EX's!).
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote