Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:38 PM   #1

what custom functions do you use most of the time,and what do you set the parameters on(contrast,sharpness,saturation,color tone)
Thanks for any help
paulanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2005, 7:30 AM   #2

I have mine set to parameter 1, which is vivid color, haven't made any custom color profiles yet. Custom function 8, ISO expansion will give you the ability to go up to ISO3200, it comes up as "H" on the LCD. I also have custom function 2 set to 1, which reduces nose in long exposures of 1 sec. or more, you will sacrafic a second or two processing time with this one, but I've not found it to be a problem for me. If you do any macro photography, use custom function 12 mirror lockup 1, this will lock the mirror up with the first press of the shutter release and the press will fire the shot. Just remember to set it back after your done with the shot or you may miss some other shots. I also have custom function 16 set to 1, this is safty shift like they had in the dark ages of 35mm photography, if you are set to shutter priority, and the light was too low for the available apertures, instead of just blinking at you the camera will automatically set a slower shutter speed, works the same way with aperture priority. That is about all I have set on mine right now.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 7:20 PM   #3

I up the sharpness a notch because I find shots from the 20D at standard setting kinda soft.

terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote