Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 2, 2005, 5:11 PM   #1

I used to shoot sRGB with my A80 and was wery satisfied, mainly by vibrant colors and natural flesh colours.As suggested by Scott Kelby in his Photoshop book, now I'musing Adobe RGB in Camera (350 D) and in Photoshop , but when sending filesto Minilabs I get bland skin colors. They probably working with sRGB, aren't they?

I'm thinking of returning to sRGB, since on printed photos it doesn't matter this "wide gamut of aRGB"

I'm not so willing to keep 2 copies of file one tagged sRGB and second- aRGB -too much space.

What you think? Is it really so important this aRGB?
driliagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2005, 12:39 PM   #2

Yes, I think its a safe guess that they are using sRGB.
You could convert to sRGB and then adjust the file a bit so make up for the lost contrast. I know many who do that.

I don't use Adobe RGB, but I know many people who absolutely swear by it. I haven't formed an opinion about it.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 3:12 PM   #3

I used RGB all through the process and no issues so far. It is just like 8-bit vs 16-bit or LCD vs CRT IMHO. Personally it would be hard to distinguish (in print) if you used aRGB or sRGB to begin with.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote