Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 6, 2005, 7:49 AM   #1

Hi there everyone!

Been reading the forum this morning and based on the atmosphere and helpful nature, decided to register.

I am a 19 year old student (english and geography) who lives in Glasgow, Scotland. I became interested in photography at the start of the year and used a Nikon Coolpix 4800 up until a few days ago, when i finally got my EOS 350D :-) I was getting annoyed with the limitations of the more or less fully automatic coolpix (still a great camera with fantastic macro mode), and with the cost and difficulty to learn of my EOS 500 film slr.

My main interest at the moment is band/concert photography, and the eos 350D performed amazingly at the gig i used it at 4 hours after getting the camera! I also enjoy macro, abstract etc as well.

I have a gallery at http://dislocatedgerbil.deviantart.com , but i have not updated it in a while, and dont like some of the photos much anymore.

I have to dash to work, but ill be back armed with lots of questions!

- Harrison
Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2005, 11:45 AM   #2

Sounds like you upgraded for the right reasons, and you're enjoying the camera. That is how it should be.

Macro work is fun, but challenging. One big difference you'll find is that less will be in focus with the 350D than with the 4800. This has to do with the physical size of the sensor in the camera. You can still do great work with it, but it will be tricker.

Sounds like you've got the right attitude, and we enjoy that here.

So have fun, post some pictures and come back often!

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote