Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 8, 2005, 8:54 PM   #1

I finally did it.....I decided on a camera and clicked on the purchase button. My biggest hestitation was that I wouldn't LIKE it and then not be able to return it (don't know why I was like this....I mean I like the shots from my 35mm camera?! LOL) so anyhow, just got the confirmation email that it's in transit!! YIPPEEE!!!! oh, I got the 20d/standard lens kit.....so now you're wondering, ok, where did I order from? costco.......just because I KNOW if I use the camera and I'm not happy with it, it's a no hassle return......whew.........
dragonluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2005, 9:38 PM   #2

If the price is reasonable, no-hassle return is a very good criteria to pick a store by. Nothing wrong with that.

The 20D is a very nice camera (I've got one too) so I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It feels very much like using a 35mm camera (no shock there.)

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 2:36 AM   #3

I have just bought a 20D also, but my greatest worry is getting the right lens. If you let everyone on the forum help you with theperfect lens, you'llend up with 5 or 6 must have pieces of glass and living in your car. I'm finding out the hard way.I guess I'll learn to take it slow someday.With the recent rebates it was hard not to take the plunge and go for it, I did. I hope everything works out well for you.
goldtop1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 12:15 PM   #4
Super Moderator

congrats on both of your purchases... the 20d is a superb photo tool, i as well have one and have never been let down..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 6:41 PM   #5

I'm sure you will love the 20d, as I do mine. The kit lens is not the best piece of glass there is, but it will do for a while. As goldtop says you can spend a small fortune on lenses, but then there is no such thing as the one perfect lens, otherwise that would be the only one they would need to make. Use it, enjoy it,and have fun. With the price of cameras and lenses these days, if you want to make a small fortune in the photo business you need to start with a large fortune. :lol:
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote