Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:41 AM   #1

i recieved my new Rebel XT yesterday. I had an old Zoombrowser on the machine so i tried to install over it with this new version of Zoombrowser....only to get this message :

"the log file zoombrowser......\EX UNins.isu is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue"

so i have tried the usual methods of removing the program but keep getting the same message.

Should i go to the registry to solve this ? i have done a google on it and found nothing of much use . But i did find this forum at least !

thanks for any suggestions.

rinser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:59 PM   #2

I would try this first.

Reinstall the ORIGINAL zoombrowser. It sounds as if your uninstall file has been corrupted or deleted. Reinstalling the original version could solve that problem.

If that works, then delete the original and complete version BEFORE you reinstall the newer version.

Let me know if that works for you.

Brian Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2005, 6:45 AM   #3

Isn't that some admin rights management problem ?
How did you install it ?
You should be administrator or the right power user who installed it.
On the other side older versions may not install well on XP systems. For instance it may install but won't work for users (not power users) and may not be uninstalled once usedas another user than who installed it.
The worst case is if you installed the software on some old Windows system, 9x or Me and you managed to upgrade that to some newer XP home, especially SP2. In that case the only thing you could try if you cannot install any newer version, is to uninstall all the Canon drivers, software and libraries you can, then delete manually and only what Zoombrowser installed, then go search into the registry with regedit.exe and find what goes to Zoombrowser directory, and delete the settings from the database. then you have to install everything new from Canon XT Rebel CD and upgraded from Canon Web site.
janlef is offline   Reply With Quote