Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 7, 2006, 3:51 AM   #11

B&H Doesn't try to upsell you, will always have the item in stock if they say they do, have a really good return policy (I'm currently having a new 50mm f/1.8 shipped to me for dirt in the lens upon arrival, extremely hassle free), and they're just really nice to deal with. No screwing around, you get what you ordered, nothign more nothing less, the way it should be.

That said, I've had a thing for Amazon as well lately... got my 20D and 70-300IS USM from them without problems. I haven't had the need but I guess they are really good with retuns as well. They're usually about the same price, but I got mine with the kit 18-55mm and it was actually 5% cheaper on Amazon and I got free shipping. But it looks like B&H is cheaper if you buy the 17-85mm IS kit ($1759+ship vs 1808 free ship).
BrianSkibinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 4:31 PM   #12

Instead of the printer though, I would just have winkflash.com or snapfish.com print the photos. They'll end up costing you cheaper in the long run. Since you now have some extra money without the printer, get the Canon 50mm f1.8. An alternative lens to the Canon 17-85mm IS is the Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 EX DC...an excellent fast lens for moving pets...and excellent for indoors and out...even without an external flash.
AlpineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 10:00 PM   #13

Just another option on a bag. I recieved the Naneu Pro DSLR backpack for Christmas and am very impressed. I compared it to other "big name" bags in our local camera store and found it to bea great value. It was only$80.

Trique Daddi

Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote