Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 23, 2006, 6:07 AM   #11

Hards80 wrote:
however, i did receive a bad card from transcend.. i bought a 1gb 80x transcend card for a backup to my lexar.. took it out on a shoot, lost a 100+ shots because it was corrupted.. sent it back, no more transcend for me..

I've got a Transcend 2GB CF card for my 350D and it's been great. that relpaced a corrupted Sandisk Ultra.

To be fair I don't think you can go wrong with any of these cards. Yes there will always be someone who has had reliability isses, but none seem to be widespread with any of the mention manufacturers here.

I'd go for whichever card you can get the best deal on.
wrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 9:37 AM   #12

FYI - For anyone who is not allergic to the microdrives, I just got my Seagate 8G Photodrive
(i.e. no need to download anymore on extended trip)

IMO for $160 it's an absolute steal!!!

Attached Images
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:01 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Wow that is something to think about.

800 RAW shots or 4000 Large Fine JPG.

Certainly enough to keep one going for a week or two.

I very seldom hit the end of the buffer on the 20D, so this is quite tempting indeed.

On the other hand I'm equally tempted by the new Epson P4000, 80Gb, CF reader and a nice screen to review pics on.

I only have 2 cards at the moment, a 1G and a 2G. I don't think I've ever used up 2G in one day, so the Epson would work pretty well too, and it's only twice the price of the 8G microdrive. The microdrives are pretty expensive in the UK, around $350 for the 8G.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:05 PM   #14

Shooting basketball (around 2000 shots a weekend) I'm using (2) 2gig Extreme III cards and an Ultra II 4Gig. No problems at all, I use the site mentioned below. Great site for research on this stuff. I'm in a the market for another 4Gig myself.

jlacasci is offline   Reply With Quote