Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 28, 2006, 9:12 AM   #1

Hope some one can help,

Just bought a a brand new EOS300D with 18-55mm lens (Surplus stock sale)
For £280 I thought it was a steal! Complete boxed kit, only the charger bag had been opened. The disks and manuals were still in the shrink film!

Anyway, just bought a Sigma 18-200mm zoom lens which I will use as my every day walk about lens, it's excellent.

What I would like to know is, will the Canon EH16-L ever-ready case fit my camera with the Sigma lens?
The Sigmalens is virtually the same diameter as the Canon but it's about 5-8mm longer, just want to know if the case is long enough for the lens.

Thanks in advance.

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:41 AM   #2

I have the sigma 18-200 as my walk around lens as well, and it is not much bigger than the kit lens, maybe 10cm longer or so,but the best way to get a case or a bag for your camera is to go to a store and try some ,and they don't have to be made by Canon, enjoy your new camera:-).
ht770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 12:20 AM   #3

Sounds like you got a good deal on a very serviceable camera. I have been looking for a deal like that. I am having problems saving up for a newer model and I figure it would get me in the SLR game and there is a "hacked firmware" to get some of the control back that is taken out by the simplified menus. On the other hand I think the Canon EH16-L case would not be an investment that you would gain much, unless the dealer threw it in with the camera. I grew up in the 70's and 80's and the first thing I did was ripped off the semi hard case as all it did was got in the way. The lens cover flipped down would swing around and make it almost impossible to hold the camera still and if removed it was more work to use, and less versital than a small kit bag. I am kind of supprised that they even sell them any more. Just my 2 cents worth.
miatapaul is offline   Reply With Quote