Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 4, 2006, 7:11 AM   #21

Canon brochures show that both have the DICIC II image processor & the APS-C size sensor. The Rebel has a 22.2 x 14.8mm sensor & the 20d has a 22.5 x 15.0 sensor. Is this minute difference ( .3 x .2 ) enough to really make a difference that can be decerned with the naked eye?
D Humbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 6:11 PM   #22

well if you mean raw(not the file format) image quality, i can't say there is a difference between the 350xt and the 20/30d on same settings with the same lense.

i've tested the xt before now using the 30d and image wise can't really see differences yet(still havent had much time to fool around with the 30d yet much)

a different thing that should be considered is the body quality , which is a huge difference imho, not the size only but also the build quality. the 30d feels alot better in my hands where the xt was kinda small, so i ended up adding the battery grip to my purchase. well at the end i sended it back as you readed. well then canon announced the 30d.. and i waited a month longer and got that one instead.

didn't regret my descision (yet, hehe)

dkmac is offline   Reply With Quote