Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 11, 2006, 6:44 PM   #1

I was shooting with my 10D this afternoon.after 2-3 shots.. my camera gave me a error 99 right after a shotit then locked up.. i had to turn it off then on to regain functionailityfrom that point it locks up after every shutter.it will take the shot.. but not show up on the lcd. and then lock up error 99Ive heard cleaning the contacts.. might help..I have two lenses.. a EF 70-200 2.8 non is and a 14-70 F4i cleaned the contacts on each. and on the camera.. the camera will lock up with either lenses..i swaped out the memory card for another.. and still the error 99 lockupI removed my grip and put the standard single battery.. incase this made a difference.. and it didnti also tried to take a shot with no lens, and no memory card.. (set the options so it would take a shot.) it still locked up error 99right now my 10D is basicly useless if i cant get around this error..please if anyone has any suggestions.. ive searched around and havent been able to come up with any ideas on what i can do..last resort will be taking it to canon.. id rather not.. as i dont have much money to fix it. and dont know how much it might cost
adamfilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2006, 9:01 PM   #2

Try a 'new' battery (or different) battery
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote