Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 3, 2006, 4:13 AM   #1

Dear All,

I am writing on a Canon 300D bought from Italyon the 16th May 2005. I can say that I only used the camera for an intensive period on only two occasions since purchased. The first time was Sept 05 at which I got an error 99 - local Canon in Malta replaced shutter under warranty with no problems. Since then I only used it to take some odd shots every now and then till last weekend when we where on a holiday with some friends in one of the adjacent islands of Malta and there again another error 99 - luckily warranty expires in a couple of days.

I have already contacted the local Canon dealer and made my concern that in view of the limited use of this camera I do not want it repaired - I want a new model and even I do not want to have another 300D as I am done with it. I cannot afford to be left stranded again in the limited use that I need the machine for. I am prepared to pay any price difference however I think that I should get a replacement free of any cost.

Do you think I am tackling it in the right way? The local dealer was very helpful and advised that since this was not bought locally, he has to get in contact with Canon (do not know which country) to try and settle the issue. However I am afraid that I would get a negative reply and only be offered a repair possibility. This I made clear I will not accept as I strongly believe the camera is defective in some way.

Any help or suggestions on how to continue tackling this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to All

amc072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2006, 5:01 AM   #2

I would have to say that you probably will not get a different model. There have been a lot of 300D sold and there haven't been very many major problems that you are having (That I know of). It will be worth a try but I wouldn't count on it.

headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote