Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 9, 2006, 6:30 PM   #1

Does anyone have experience writing custom apps with Canon's SDK 8.4. Preferrably utilizing C++.

I have written a custom C++ wrapper for the Canon SDK 8.4, but have experienced a problem and was hoping to find someone who could answer my question. Canon refuses to do so, but they are within their rights not to answer since I agreed to the License agreement ("NO SUPPORT").

QUESTION: I am attempting to set the F-Stop and constantly get a cdInvalid_Parameter returned when I attempt to execute RCSetAvValue(hSource, cdREMOTE_SET_AV3_35). I have even tried cdREMOTE_SET_AV2_35. I am using the standard EF-S 18-55mm lens with a aperature of 1:3.5-5.6. The dial is set to Av and the RCGetShootingMode returns the appropriate value for setting the value. Anyone have any ideas?

I speculate the problem is the 350D does not support this particular feature being set, although I cannot find any documentation to support this theory. I have the same problem with the shutter speed.

Any assistance/guidance appreciated.
misterbussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2006, 10:05 AM   #2

What you trying to do?

The BreezeBrwoser is based on canon's SDK. I am sure there are other programs which use that SDK. So Canon must have some documentation for that.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 10:41 AM   #3

You might consider trying the alternative RAW converter found here:

It is very good (from all I've read) and I bet you'll get better support.

Sorry I can't help you with Canon's SDK directly.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 3:04 PM   #4

Canon does have documentation for the RC SDK. However, beyond the Documentation, there is no support available. What I am attempting to do is write a C++ wrapper for a console app. I have the wrapper written. I can snap JPEG and RAW images and retrieve them to the PC, however, when I attempt some of the availabe functions such as setting the Av or Tv (aperatur or shutter speed) I get an invalid parameter error. I have reviewed the documentation and everything should work. However, it does not. Since this is the only camera I have, I am unable to test my theory. I was hoping to find someone with more experience with Canon's SDK's to try and resolve the issue I am having.

Canon isdetermined about not providing any support. So I have tried all the forums I can find. Thus far. No go.

Assistance or guidance regarding C++ and Canon's SDKs is what I am seeking.
misterbussey is offline   Reply With Quote