Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 21, 2006, 4:14 AM   #1

Just a question relating to the focus points on the 350D/RebelXT . Can you select the centre focus point whenusing the automatic setting orwhen usingthe other preset modes eg: portrait etc?? I know this can be done when in P mode but I have been told you canot use it in this manner when using one of the preset modes.

I know the Nikon D50 and Minolta 5Dwill let you select which focus poiint by using the rocker switch(from what Ive been told) .

I posted this question in the Canon EOS digital SLR forum as although in a way itrelates toDSLR purchase, it is a question I am sure many Canon owners will know the answer to were others may not.

I have a lot to learn as I am making the move to DSLR. It would be great to have thisfeature in auto to ensure it is actually focusing on what I intend to shoot. Also my wife would appreciate this. If someone can advise me one way or the other, it would be greatly appreciated.

mickellay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2006, 10:33 AM   #2

The Rebel XT/350 can only use the manual AF Point in the P TV AV & M modes. (you can also use Auto in these modes)

In the Auto modes, the AF point is set for that particular mode.

hope this helps

Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote