Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:47 AM   #1

I still want the Caono 70-300mm but till they fix the vertiacl prolbem I'll use this Sigma :-) Also, the Sigma should be easier to take on vacations. Won't have to switch lenses as often :-) This past Sundaywas my first time using the lens. I was a bit worried since most of the reviews said that this lens is slow and in low/bad lighting it will be hard to get a decent hand held pic. Sunday was a cloudy nasty day I was ready for a disappointing day with theSigma on my 20D To my surprise this was not so! I think my pics came out pretty nice Had the camera set to "AV" mode and cranked the aperture wide open, f4 at 28mm and f6.5 at 300mm ISO set at 200 but changed to 400 later in the day. I should of left it at 200 My pics seem sharper and clearer at 200 ISO. Next time I also read that some times this lens has a hard time auto focusing. My copy worked fine. I could not useauto focus twice. One shot I was trying to take a pic through a wired glass window. Can't remember the other shot I'm very happy with this lens We're heading to our honeymoon, Barcelona,in less than 2 weeks.Can't wait to take pics with this lens

cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:46 AM   #2

i think the pic looks awesome.

snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote