Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:35 AM   #21

When talking about processing I hav to say that I now shoot only in RAW. This way I have complete control in my final images. I think most start out with JPG which is fine for most, but once you realize the power of RAW, it's hard to go back.

This of course brings up another issue, software. Cano supplies software to edit RAW files but I believe that Nikon is an extra add-on. I may be wrong, but I remember hearing that somewhere.

headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 6:45 PM   #22

Nope. Thanks for both replies so far. As stated, the differences were so drastic I couldn't buy the easy answers. As you say, on the minds of experienced shooters, the answer was always there.

It has been an incredible learning lesson. I made my decision, strayed from it and am coming right back to my original gut purchase. Will probably pick up the 30d this weekend. All that thought and analysis in the middle was a semester's course in photography 101. Pushed me to read and get some basic concepts down. Also to see what some of you are doing with your machines, the artist behind the machine.

leeraff is offline   Reply With Quote