Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 26, 2006, 2:19 PM   #1

I'm a happy owner of a 350D for approx3 monthsnow and I've encountered twice ( yes, only twice ) a very strange phenomenom : the camera was locked. :?

Let me explain, I was taking pictures normally and all of a sudden, the shutter wasn't responding anymore, I couldn't go into the menu, no more autofocus, etc, etc. :shock:

The only way out is to remove/replace the battery and then everything works fine.

Of course I could go straight to my retailer but he will definitely ask me to show the problem ... and with a frequency of 2 problems in 3 months ... :?I don't feel like sleeping in the shop for few days ... :P

Any idea what may cause this ? any other people experiencing the same ?

DarkAgdistis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:51 PM   #2

What lens were you using? What battery? What CF card?

I've experienced lockups with my old 20D when using my old Canon 70-200mm IS lens...it was a problem with the IS assembly...proven when Canon replaced this part, and all was well.
AlpineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:59 PM   #3

Same problem with my 20D and Tokina lens.* Removed battery and all is well.* Happened only once.* Seems like a lens camera issue.
Ctrack is offline   Reply With Quote