Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 6, 2006, 5:47 PM   #1

i mostly shoot indoor and outdoor in P mode instead of Auto mode in Jpeg format........

with the stock lens, i dont get sharp pictures........ so what should be the settings on my 20D for sharp images.

Also when i look at histogram, it is not always in the middle despite of the fact that Camera focus is OK....... What is the simplest way to get Histogram between Dark and Light Zones.

nauman_416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2006, 6:26 PM   #2

Perhaps you could post some photographs with specific examples. It's difficult to talk in the purely theoretical as there can be lots of issues.

As to the histogram - good focus has no affect on exposure. Exposure is dependent upon the metering mode and what is in the frame. Proper exposure does not always mean a centered histogram though. Again, it depends on what is in the frame. Also realize your camera can be 'tricked' by the lighting in many circumstances. So, post a sample picture with the EXIF info and people can help determine what might have gone wrong.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote