Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 19, 2003, 6:16 AM   #1
Default 10 stange dots its no dust

I have a 10d for 2 weeks.
It is a very great camera and i love it.
But there is one strange thing.
I din't notice it in my first pictures.
I take a picture of the sky ans there appairing some strange dots.
Take a look at the link.
I also used different lenses so this is not the problem
It's no dust but it is something else.
Can someone tell me what it is then.
And how to fix it.
And falls this problemm under the warranty.
tasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2003, 1:42 PM   #2

As far as I can see - it is DUST on the CCD. It's a very common problem with the Dslr cameras. Maybe you already tried to blow it away with an earblower or something like that. I do it at least once a week on my Nikon D100. Mostly it's no problem but sometimes the dust can't be blown off.
There are several kits on the market for cleaning CCDs and guides too. Try the Canon forum at DPReview - there MUST be some threads overthere. Or here maybe.

If you haven't tried an earblower yesgo and buy one.,(get a powerful one - but be carefull). It works for me...

Try searcing in the Nikon DSLR here in the forums - the issue have been discussed before.

Good luck
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2003, 6:52 PM   #3

looks like bloom polls, bloom dust

blow it away :-)
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 6:41 PM   #4
Default Its dust clean it here is link

Its dust, the best way to check for dust on your cmos sensor it to take a picture of the sky at f-stop 22 then if you have Photo Shop open the picture there and use "auto levels" which will really make the dust spots show up. i downloaded you picture and did that in Photo Shop, use the full size 6 mega pixel picture at 100% when veiwing in Photo Shop. I had over 12 dust spots on mine but i then cleaned it using PecPads and Eclipse fluid, DONT use anything but Eclipse Fluid. here is a link for the instruction how to clean it. Keep in mind you could have it cleaned under warranty but you should learn how to do it yourself as this will happen after a month of light use with lens changes. if you use the camera alot and change lens often it will get dust every week.

And here is a link were you can buy both PecPads and the Eclipse cleaning fluid.

Using a blower wont get the sensor clean
dc9mm is offline   Reply With Quote