Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Sep 12, 2006, 7:19 PM   #1

I am thinking of getting a 350d as I like its size, weight, and price (all being relatively minimal) compared to the competition. I am most interested in photographing things like landscapes and insects, so I assume that this requires a wider-angle lens. Which lenses would you recommend?
Ballpointpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2006, 8:29 PM   #2

Landscapes and insects are two different types of shots. You normally use a wide zoom for landscape - maybe 18mm to around 50 or 60mm. It can vary somewhat from person to person. For insects, especially small insects, you meed a macro lens that will do "lifesize" shots, and sometimes that is not enough. You can try a set of macro tubes on a wide zoom, but that would really be a temporary fix untill you could afford a macro lens. Most of the people here have to build their lens collection as finances permit. Try going to Canon or Sigma or Tamron and read the lens descriptions. Then do a search for reviews of those you might be interested in. If you want more help, just ask. I'm sure people will be glad to give you more info.
By the way, I have a Sigma 24-70mm and a Sigme 150mm macro lens. I'm happy with both, but I need something a little wider...
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote