Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jan 24, 2007, 1:58 AM   #1

Sigma Zoom Wide Angle-Normal 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC Autofocus Lens for Canon Digital EOS. I have a Canon XT.:lol:
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:07 PM   #2

At about US$400, its not a bad lens. Its fairly sharp from f8 up and gets soft near f2.8 focus wise. Good all around general purpose lens for the XT.

But what do you intend to shoot and what lens(es) do you now have? If you already have the XT "kit" lens, I would look at another zoom range, or a prime, depending on your needs and budget (no real sense to duplicate).

By the way, you might get more responses if you post this under Canon Lenses for dSLRsrather than Add-On Lenses (which usually attach to the permanently attached P&S camera lenses or camera body via filter thread and/or wrap-around adapter and/or tube adapter). *** on edit, I see the thread got moved!! ***

BTW, I used to live and teach in Nightmute and Nunapitchuk, AK ... a bit different from the Juneau area, though!
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:36 AM   #3

From what I've read, it's a solid lens. I wish I had the money for it to replace the kit lens.
elduderino is offline   Reply With Quote