Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old May 21, 2007, 8:15 PM   #1

Ok gang,

I have a Sigma 70-300mm APO Zoom I use on my Canon 300D & 350D. It is 5 years old and has seen a lot of use. Tonight it started making a high pitched "whine or scream" when focusing both in auto focus and manual focus, this is not a normal sound. I fully expect the focus to fail in the near future. My question to everyone is:

What would you replace the lens with and why?

Budget: $300 (No higher, yes I would love to go top end but right now the money is not there)

Zoom: must be 300mm on the high end and prefer 70-75mm on the low end but would consider others.

Use: outdoor sports (Soccer, baseball/softball), airshows, etc.....

Don't be shy with your replies, I will consider all help you want to give or offer.

Best Regards and thanks!

k1par is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2007, 12:33 PM   #2

for that budget ur pretty much left with sigma 70-300 APO DG or the Canon 75-300.

The next stop is at around 500 for the canon 70-200 F4 which will also take a 1.4X and 2X tele. BUt it will cost around 650 including the tele.

at around 800 u can get the sigma 100-300 f4 the best zoom lens in this range at constant F4.

nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote