Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jun 30, 2007, 9:17 PM   #1

I recently purchased a used Canon A400 and a few weeks later I got a camera lens that fit a Hitatchi Color Tv Camera. It is old and I can't even seem to be able to turn it on. I have searched the internet for it but nothing turns up. I was wondering if I could take that Canon lens and mount it to my Canon A400. The top of the lens near the spot that takes in the light (excuse my bad camera lingo) says : TV ZOOM LENS V6 x 17 17-102mm 1:2.0. I know that I can't just mount it on there but i was wondering if I might be able to maybe rig a coupler of sorts.

PS: If it so happens I am out of luck with my plans, what use can I make of this lens?
schfifty_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2007, 9:32 PM   #2

Your Canon A400 doesn't have a removable lens nor does it seem to be able to be able to attach anything to the lens. You might be able to hold the TV lens in front of your camera lens but I'm not sure what kind of results you would get. Just be careful you don't bump the lenses toghther.

A DSLR may be able to mount the lens with a lens reversing ring but the results may not be worth the effort. Plus it would be manual focus and exposure.

Overall I would say that the TV lens would only be of interest to someone who has a camera with an Hitachi TV lens type mount.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote