Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:36 AM   #11

harana wrote:
Is this upgrade for power only or it is improving build quality or any other features as well? I tried to figure this out but can't find this info.
I don't have the 530 yet, but I believe they must have updated the firmware inside as well - The 500DG Super has been around quite a while already (same age as a 550EX). Although I don't have any problem with it some poster reported issues with the ratio mode, but mine seems to work just fine... May be because Canon calls them A,B, and C while Sigma refers to them with numbers instead.

As to the build quality, to tell you the truth, all flashes are built out of plastic. I tend to agree that the plastic on a BMW may look better built than on a Chevy but when you crash or drop the flash on the floor they'll tend to break equally! :-)

Attached Images
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2007, 3:04 PM   #12

other option is to use a SB-600 on a remote flash with ur camera.or even use it on a flash bracket..i dont mount other manufacturers flash on the unit, but seperate them either with the flash jacket wires or remote triggers...the SB-600 manual control is brilliantand i the option of using different intensity of light using the manual control is terrific...i just fell in love with the flash after i used it once....or atleast i loved it over the Sigma or canon that i bought myself two for dirt cheap. as cheap as 100 dollors from craigslist..may be i was lucky..

the nikon sb-600 is my fav flash now...i am not sure how it affects ones camera...so far its working fine for me with my 5D and 1d Mk II. The moment i started seperating the flash from the camera i have been getting some pictures that i would have never thought of..like this one..
Attached Images
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote