Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:31 AM   #1

I thought my friends on this board would be interested in seeing some samples taken with this new lens. I've read the reviews and decided to pick up the lens to try for myself. (Please note that these are not meant to be artistic, so don't judge them for their photographic merits.) What impressed me most was that I was able to get a few keepers with shutter speeds slower than 1/20 sec.* My hands are admittedly not that steady so that is more a tribute to this little lens than the person behind the viewfinder.

Taken in Hong Kong
davephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2007, 7:31 PM   #2

Thanks for sharing. The pictures look very nice. I wish you would have posted some original size shots, or some crops though.

I've seena lot ofgood and some so-so reviews on this lens. For the price, it seems like a decent lens. I just ordered it and am looking forward to test it, hopefully it is better than the kit lens, and if that's the case, with IS, this should be a fantastic value...
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote