Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Feb 2, 2008, 8:32 AM   #1

Ineed a more powerful lens and also another flash. Since I am a newbe I have no idea as what to buy. Nothing too expensive but reasonable. Noville
Norville is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2008, 9:18 AM   #2

I'm going to suggest you post in the Canon Lens forum. This particular forum is for add-on digicam lenses. There is a specific forum for Canon DSLR lenses. You'll get a lot more responses there. Also, when you post there - explain what it is you want to take photos of - be as specific as possible. There are hundreds of lenses out there and if we are going to recommend a lens it's important to know what you intend to take photos of - that way we can narrow down the list of lenses to consider. "More powerful" is very vague. So, post in the other forum with some details about what you want to shoot and we can help you out. Also, include your budget - that will also help people narrow down what recommendations they make.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2008, 10:01 AM   #3

Thank you very much as I said I am new. Norville
Norville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 8:39 AM   #4

You may want to post what you want to do with the camera. Portraits? Wildlife? Group shots? Outdoor/indoor?

Besides asking general questions you may want to mention what you find limiting with your existing equipment. IE: the 18-55mm doesn't have enough reach. The on board flash is not powerful enough for ???? Do I want to look for IS for less blurry shots, etc.

When it comes to price you will be better off stating your limit to reasonable. Considering that most lenses and flashes carry a price tag with 3 (And sometimes 4) digits to the left of the decimal point you are leaving yourself open to a BIG range of prices.

And remember the funny but profound statement that will (almost) always apply:

Buy quality and you only cry once!
Riktar is offline   Reply With Quote