Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Sep 13, 2003, 7:54 PM   #1
Default Tamron 2x Teleconverter

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone has had good experience with this attachment. I tried it today at a local park with my 300mm attached to it. It was pretty crazy I might say. But of course, it jumped my fstops to 6.5-9.0 or something like that... So at the high end I lose my autofocus. Oh well. Im gonna post some moon shots once I get a clear night again.
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2003, 11:48 PM   #2

If you are considering after market TCs, I have heard nothing but good things about the Kenko Pro line. They are supposed to be quite good.

I know nothing about that TC.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2003, 5:51 PM   #3

Well, wasnt a great day out. It said it was supposed to rain all day. Well I donno what happened, but it was mostly/partly sunny all day. So I didnt have anything planned to do.

So I decided to take my camera and do the "How close can I get" test... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also wanted to test out my Tamron 2x Converter and see how well it does. Still wish I really had the money to buy that Sigma 50-500 EX lens. I was soooo close to getting it. Then said nah. :? I figured I would say $800 and test this converter. Well here we go.
Please keep in mind, this is with a 10D. So I included the 1.6x crop the camera does into the total focal length. Forgive me if Im off or wrong...

The two below are with a Canon 28-105 USM

Below is with the 75-300 IS USM at 75mm with 2x. So now I think of it, its not 120mm huh..

150mm with Teleconverter Tamron 2x

300mm with Teleconverter Tamron 2x

Only thing done to these picture is alittle sharpen and some brighness taken down a few notches. Other then that, not too shabby saving $800 on the Sigma 50-500mm and I still have my IS feature :shock: Just when your at full focal length, no AF. but I can live with that...
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote