Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Sep 15, 2008, 7:01 AM   #1
Super Moderator

With full electronic interface.

ZE: Carl Zeiss SLR Lenses Now Also With EF Bayonet
Carl Zeiss is expanding its successful line of SLR lenses: ZE lenses with EF bayonet for all analog and digital EOS camera models. As with all EF lenses, the new ZE lenses from Carl Zeiss transfer all information exclusively via electronic contacts. This means that all exposure modes such as programmed auto exposure, shutter priority, aperture priority and manual setting are supported. The camera's automatic focus confirmation also remains available to an unlimited extent with these manual focus lenses. With digital SLRs, the lens data and all exposure data can also be accessed via the camera's EXIF file. Even E-TTL flash metering is supported. The first lenses to be available will be the Planar T* 1,4/50 ZE and the Planar T* 1,4/85 ZE in the last quarter of this year. Further focal lengths will be added to the line within the next few months.

Just the 50 f1.4 Planar and 85 f1.4 Planar to start, but more to come.

Not to replace the 50L and 85L exactly, which are both excellent lenses, but the Zeiss lenses are quite a lot cheaper, and some people may prefer the drawing of the Zeiss.

I think I do (just) althought the L's are very fine lenses.

The real kicker for me is the AF focus confirm with proper throw manual focus lenses, with the MF screen and presumed live view on the 5D MkII it could make a very attractive option.

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2008, 7:33 AM   #2

sounds exciting
Donna A. is offline   Reply With Quote