Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jun 29, 2009, 5:41 PM   #1
Default Did i make a good flea market find?

so the other day i was early picking up a friend and stumbled across a flea market. I ended up finding a Tamron sp 350mm f5.6 mirror lens. from the research i have done it was made between 1981-1985. It came with its origional case and origional 5 filters. It has a small amount of fungus but from the shots ive taken there have been no hazing and they look great.

oh yeah and i paid $12.00 for it. good find? anyone have any idea what something like this might be worth? i saw a couple listed on the net for around $300cad
sch0enne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2009, 3:54 PM   #2

Nope (no idea what it's worth). Most current mirror lenses have a fixed f/8 aperture and tend to sell for around $100 or so, brand new. So, most of them are not exactly pro quality lenses. ;-)

Tamron's SP (Super Performance) series lenses tend to have very good build quality and optical coatings. So, they're probably worth a bit more for lenses in comparable condition. Despite the Tamron SP series quality, I wouldn't expect expect an older mirror lens to be worth a whole lot, especially one with fungus. ;-)

But, for $12, you did real good if it still takes nice photos.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 8:20 PM   #3

Make sure there is a filter screwed into the rear aperture, or you risk fungus spores getting into your camera.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote