Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Mar 6, 2004, 3:38 PM   #11

Well I guess big and heavy is in the mind of the beholder or in this case the holder. Anyhow, I would be real interested in how the lens performs when you get it back----Let us know.
rextilleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 5:35 PM   #12
Default Got lens back

Got my 24-70L back from the Canon servicer. They cleaned and recalibrated it and sent it back. There was no improvement, so I sent it back and told them to check it this time. They called back and said everything was in range of the parameters. (I had also sent a CD with sample photos which to me clearly showed problems. They did not seem to think so.) They said I should send the camera to the NJ facility to get that checked. I complained and they called the NJ facility and was told that there is a calibration problem among Digital Rebels and the 24-70L specifically. So I sent them my camera and the IL servicer center forwarded my lens to the NJ service center. Hopefully NJ can properly calibrate the lens to the camera. We shall see. At this point, my confidence in Canon is pretty low.
fsm2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2004, 12:56 AM   #13

Sheez!! How long have you been without camera and lens now?

Have you seen this thread? You might want to checkout that forum and see if there's anything on the Digital Rebel and the 24-70L on there. Chuck Westfall from Canon reads and posts there, and his posts are generally very informative.

barthold is offline   Reply With Quote