Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Feb 24, 2005, 2:12 PM   #41

Jake, pleased that you replied and splendid bird shot; yeah the 100-400 is growing on me, just need to get out more and use it.

Trout Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:12 PM   #42

Boy, I thought this thread was done and you guys come up with more interesting stuff. Your photos look very good to me. I too am finding short commings with this lense, but have also found some with the camera. You guys said it only too well, learn your tools and figure out how to use them.

I am finding, my lense shoots pretty good at 400 mm and am quite happy so far with its sharpness. That may all change as I hope to shoot through a 500mm lense in a few days that belongs to a new friend. Hope it doesn't make me want to dump the 1x4. Actually, it's a pretty easy descision as the 500 is totally out of my price range. 1st rule of photography, you use what you can afford.

My new friend has published some of his work and printed a few books and looking at some of my photos with the 1x4 indicated that a few of them were sharp enough to publish. Certainly not my work, but speaks well for the lense. Also was representative of the 70x200 F2.8, another good one.

Thanks you guys, all of you, for the help. You provided very useful information to help me [us] make our descisions.

By the way, I have strted one more 100x400 thread. Take a look and see if you can help.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote