Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:50 AM   #11

Trail is one thing,for that there are many backpacks that will do the job but when you said canoe alarm bells went off recalling misadventures of my youth. This lowepro bag called the dryzone is very water resistant with double seals and as an added feature it floats. It comes in two sizes and to my knowledge is one of the few that will stand up to canoe accidents. At least when it floats down river you'll be able to spot the yellow!

Close Window
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 6:55 PM   #12

Mactek, tomesch thanks for your input. I took a look at the Lowe products and they appear very well made. I saw one unit, can't remember the name, that appeared to have a removable belt pack. Was wondering how modular these systems are and if they could be enlarged with other additions. The one I looked at stored the camera and lenses in the lower part and left the upper for other gear.

Actually, boating is generally a pretty dry sport. It's when you start playing around that things get wet. That's why I keep everything in dry bags. Looked like most of the Lowe stuff was pretty dry. As for hiking, I usually carry a couple large trash can liners to put over gear when the cloud burst comes.

Wonder if there is any other backpack type gear smiiliar to Lowes that may be a little less pricy.

Troutguy thanks for the offer, I will see how to turn my PM on and will PM you an email address. Lookd forward to possibly meeting you sometime.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote