Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Mar 2, 2005, 7:04 PM   #1

I just got this lens not 20 minutes ago when I got home... it was delivered from B&H today. First impressions are WOW. I can't believe I didn't get this before! Just to brag a bit more... here is a snapshot of my kitty! (the only photo type subject availible after dark here at the moment)
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2005, 5:46 PM   #2

I am curious to see and hear more about this lens. I am thinking of this as an alternative to the Canon 24-70 f/2.8L.
eosthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 7:19 PM   #3

I've had mine for over a year now... I shoot indoor sports and when I can get close enough I use this lens. Good lens and the price was right!
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 7:51 PM   #4

I got mine just a couple of weeks ago - WOW, I love this lens. I am going to try to provide a link to another thread (in the sports photos). I posted a couple of action shots that I took with this lens - thought you may be interested in taking a look.

acrabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 5:59 PM   #5

I have a number of Canon, Tamron, Sigma, and Zeiss lenses with prices ranging from about $50.00 to over $2500.00. My Tamron 28-75 is one of the better lenses I have. The price makes it the best value of the lot. I won't part with it.

I have found that the "SP" line of Tamrons are all very, very good lenses while the standard grade Tamrons are a bit less desirable. I have 4 "SP" lenses and love them all.

Good Luck!
CanoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 5:33 PM   #6

Iam considering the Tamron 24-75 2.8XR Di or the Sigma 24-70 2.8 EX DG

Anyone have experience with the Sigma
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 7:52 AM   #7

If you want good tests of this lens goto: http://www.pbase.com/fstopjojo/lenstests

It will give you great examples!
Timberland is offline   Reply With Quote