Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Mar 20, 2005, 11:09 PM   #1

I'm looking at the Canon 20D and trying to get some info on lenses. I came across this lense today and was wondering if anyone has anything to report. Looks like a good focal length and made for a digital. I haven't been able to determine if it has a metal mount yet either.

I'm really new with this stuff and would like any lense help like what makes a good lense in terms of quality. Also, what does the "DC" in the lens description mean?
sflac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2005, 4:30 AM   #2

If I am right, the DC means digital camera. This lense is made to be used on digital SLR cameras (Rebel, 20D, XT).

For Quantaray lenses, I am not sure of their quality. The only place that I have seen them is at Ritz Camera (and the stores that they own).

I do suspect that this lense is just a Sigma rebadged to Quantaray for Ritz. This is just my speculation. It has the same specs as the Sigma.

I just ordered the Sigma for my Digtal Rebel. I felt this lense to be a good lense to carry on the camera. It has a good wide angle and a decent zoom for the price.

Hope this helps

Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 9:15 AM   #3

I heard a while back that Quantaray was Wolf/Ritz's brand, but i could be wrong about that.

The specs on the Quantaray look VERY much like the Sigma that is being discussed in another thread, and the price is the same.
ccfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 7:46 PM   #4

Quantaray is indeed a rebadged Sigma lens under the Ritz/Kits Camera name brand. There are one or two Quantarays that are also rebadged Tokinas (19-35mm) is one.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 10:24 PM   #5

I am sorry but I cannot take it anymore. The correct spelling is lens not lense!
dlearyfun is offline   Reply With Quote